Pawling Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward your resume to Humanresources@pawling.com Include the job you are applying for on your subject line.
Pawling Job Description
Job Title: Estimating Project Manager
Reports To: Estimating Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
General Purpose of Position:
Prepare quotations of Pawling products from written specifications and electronic plans. Coordinate customer order requirements on layout jobs to ensure accuracy of product shipment.
- Prepare take-offs and pricing of all Pawling products (wall protection, entrance matting etc) within the required time frame
- Prepare project bids and work with Sales to finalize pricing on large projects.
- Work with Sales to ensure bids are forwarded to all necessary customer reps.
- Project Management:
- Compare product requirements from layout drawings with original take-off
- Coordinate changes with Sales
- Process change orders from point of layout drawings forward for materials requirement issues
- Review change requests and project requirements with contractor/customer as required
- Produce final product requirements list for order entry/customer service department
- Maintain up-to-date database of ongoing projects to ensure timely bids, to keep track of products and manufacturers specified, and to keep track of quoted dollars and number of jobs quoted.
- Review and process project addendum(s) as required and keep project files up-to-date accordingly
- Prepare requests for substitution on jobs where Pawling is not a specified supplier or as assigned
- Work with Engineering and Customer Service to ensure timely and accurate order turnaround.
- Maintain a comprehensive product knowledge
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Working knowledge of architectural plans
Knowledge of construction industry
Superior computer skills to include file transferring, copying, moving and directory/file management
Able to multi-task and communicate effectively
Good organizational skills
Education: 2-year technical school or some college preferred
Auto CAD experience preferred, but not required
Willing to train the right person with a desire to learn